Islamic extremists have unleashed a reign of terror in northern Mozambique, Africa, leaving churches burned, people decapitated and thousands displaced.
According to CBN News, there were reports last month that militants beheaded at least 15 people in one week.
Similarly, by the time of Easter this year, some 52 young people who refused to join this group of terrorists were killed.
“The world still has no idea what is happening, because of indifference, and because it seems that we have already become accustomed to wars. There is war in Iraq, there is war in Syria and there is also now a war in Mozambique,” Lisboa said.
It has also been reported that these extremists have attacked churches and destroyed religious meeting places.
Hopes for 2021
The number of people fleeing the area has increased steadily as violence has escalated.
So far, an estimated 250,000 people have been displaced. Many of them fled to Pemba.
Lisbon says that 2020 has been the worst year since these kinds of armed attacks began, which was about 3 years ago.
Although it should be noted that the armed forces of Mozambique are fighting against the Islamists. In May they killed 50 of them in an area where these terrorists launched 11 attacks.
But it is believed that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, this, as the bishop has faith that “the war will end”, and that 2021 will be a better and more peaceful year.
‘The World Has No Idea What is Happening’: Islamic Extremists Massacre, Behead in Mozambique Reign of Terror https://t.co/6ru0fuZjzn
— CBN News (@CBNNews) July 29, 2020