Two new cases of Covid-19 within the Holy See have recently been confirmed. Matteo Bruni, Holy See Press Office spokesman, released the results. This would give a total of six cases in the Vatican.
According to the Vatican News portal, Bruni stated that: “
“In recent days, as part of the checks carried out by the Health and Hygiene Directorate of the Vatican City State in compliance with the directives on the corona virus emergency, another individual has tested positive for Covid-19: an official of the Secretariat of State resident in Santa Marta who, showing some symptoms, was subsequently placed in isolation. “
The director also said that the man’s health status is not critical so far; and that he is under observation in a Roman hospital.
“As a precautionary measure, given this further finding, appropriate sanitation measures were taken and new tests were carried out,” added Bruni.
Pope Francis is well
Days ago, the media reported that four cases had been confirmed at the Holy See.
Therefore, there are currently six in total among Vatican employees and citizens infected with the virus.
“I can confirm that neither the Holy Father nor his closest collaborators are involved,” Bruni concluded.
It has been confirmed that apart from these and the previously reported cases, there are no more people infected with Coronavirus in the Vatican.
⚠️ 6 casos positivos de coronavirus dentro del Vaticano (entre empleados de la Santa Sede y ciudadanos del Estado de la Ciudad del Vaticano). Matteo Bruni, Director de la Sala de Prensa, ha confirmado que ni el Papa Francisco ni sus colaboradores más cercanos están involucrados.
— Daniel Díaz-Vizzi (@DanielDiazVizzi) March 28, 2020
By Vatican News There are two new positive cases of the Covid-19 virus in the Vatican. The Director of the Holy See Press Office, Matteo Bruni, confirmed this in a statement released on Saturday afternoon, referring to the results of analysis #CatholicNe https://t.co/ogeUq38n75
— CatholicMasses (@CatholicMasses) March 28, 2020
Vatican City, Mar 24, 2020 / 12:25 pm (CNA).- The director of the Holy See’s press office, Matteo Bruni, said Tuesday there are now a total of four people connected to Vatican City who have tested positive for the coronavirus. #CatholicChurch #NewsBriefs https://t.co/PaGuFYIPeX
— CatholicMasses (@CatholicMasses) March 25, 2020